As the Head of People Operations at CoinDesk, you’ll own every aspect of the employee experience. We are looking for an organized, analytical and empathetic person to lead and support company-wide initiatives who will be an advocate for every employee. You will support all teams for talent acquisition, talent development, engagement and culture, learning and development, benefits administration, compensation, HR systems and HR compliance for a growing team. This role reports to CoinDesk’s Chief Executive Officer.
**Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com describing how you can be a success in this position. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A RESUME/COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.**
As part of the CoinDesk team, you will:
- Act as a respected and trustworthy resource to employees at every level of the company, with respect to issues including communication, management, performance, career development and respect in the workplace
- Be a strategic advisor to CEO on all aspects of human capital including retention, recruitment and driving values and rules of the road into performance
- Handle all day-to-day HR responsibilities of a small, but growing organization, including processing payroll, addressing employee questions, maintenance of employee records, and ensuring compliance with regards to annual reporting, labor and law updates
- Own recruiting process for full time and internship roles end-to-end
- Oversee and conduct onboarding and orientation processes for all new hires and also independent contractors/freelancers
- Own offboarding process for all separations/terminations
- Manage CoinDesk’s brand on recruiting outlets like LinkedIn, Glassdoor, AngelList, internal career pages, etc. as well as external recruiters
- Maintain and administer payroll, benefits programs with TriNet
- Develop and implement formal process for performance evaluation and professional development opportunities
- Own employee sponsorship initiatives and coordinate with internal team and lawyers
- Execute, facilitate, and coordinate initiatives related to culture-building (i.e. employee appreciation events, company planning offsites, etc.)
- Own the employee workplace experience in our New York office, including providing world-class support for all office-related needs such as ordering office snacks, supplies, SWAG, and business cards
- Project manage any and all office/facilities related projects, including an office search and relocation if/when we outgrow our current space
- Own IT vendor relationships, including contract auditing, billing review, equipment ordering and maintenance
Skills to have:
- Minimum of 5 years in people operations/human resources, preferably at a fast-paced, small-to-medium sized startup
- Expert level knowledge of recruitment and HR best practices
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills (relationship building, conflict resolution, empathy)
- Experience with people software and systems such as TriNet, ATSs, etc.
About the Culture:
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We care about the work that we do and about our mission to inform and educate the blockchain community. You will have an immediate impact on the growth of CoinDesk. At our growth stage, it is important that you can communicate fearlessly across departments and offer support even if it falls outside the job description. Ultimately, we are a close-knit team that takes huge pride in the opportunity we have. We want you to join us.
Who are We:
CoinDesk is the #1 media company in the hypergrowth world of blockchain & digital assets. We help seasoned professionals and those who are brand new stay current on the evolving industry, giving them the smart content they need to make the decisions that impact their businesses. CoinDesk reaches tens of millions of people around the world and thousands of people attend our Consensus global events every year.
Top Reasons to Work for CoinDesk:
- We are the #1 media & events company dedicated to blockchain
- Opportunity to influence the direction of the company and our voice externally
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company in a sector that everybody is trying to understand