We are seeking a hands-on self-starter with the ability to see and grasp the big picture. We need an individual with vision who will also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. This individual will handle all aspects of accounting, ranging from payables processing and billing to journal entry preparation, revenue recognition and monthly closings. The right candidate will have an eye on process improvement and assessing and improving the internal controls of the company. This individual will have an intimate knowledge of the business as it grows and evolves.
**Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com describing how you can be a success in this position. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A RESUME/COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.**
As part of the CoinDesk team, you will:
- Support accounting operations including, ownership of accounts payable and maintaining the general ledger
- Ownership of accounts receivable for high-volume event sponsorship, advertising, and licensing business
- Support the parent company in preparation for the annual financial audit
- Support the budgeting process
- Prepare custom reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Work with tax provider and parent company to support preparation of annual corporate consolidated tax returns. File entity level tax returns, such as NYC commercial rent tax, NYS Sales tax, and any other entity level returns as appropriate.
- Own corporate credit card program as well as reviewing and approving employee expenses to ensure correct categorizing
- Review and administration of company travel and expense policies
- Manage employee expense submission and reimbursement process and training in Abacus expense management software
- Assist employees with booking travel as needed to ensure compliance with T&E policies
- Perform regular auditing and tracking of company contracts and billing review
Skills to have:
- Work independently in a fast paced environment
- Multitask and manage/prioritize own workload to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required (CPA preferred)
- Minimum 7 years accounting experience required (minimum 3 years public accounting experience. Private company experience in the media and events sector desirable)
- Strong excel skills
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast - an ability to understand flow of financial information through systems and the ability to apply technology to improve process
About the Culture:
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We care about the work that we do and about our mission to inform and educate the blockchain community. You will have an immediate impact on the growth of CoinDesk. At our growth stage, it is important that you can communicate fearlessly across departments and offer support even if it falls outside the job description. Ultimately, we are a close-knit team that takes huge pride in the opportunity we have. We want you to join us.
Who We Are:
CoinDesk is the #1 media company in the hypergrowth world of blockchain & digital assets. We help seasoned professionals and those who are brand new stay current on the evolving industry, giving them the smart content they need to make the decisions that impact their businesses. CoinDesk reaches tens of millions of people around the world and thousands of people attend our Consensus global events every year.
Top Reasons to Work for CoinDesk:
- We are the #1 media & events company dedicated to blockchain
- Opportunity to influence the direction of the company and our voice externally
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company in a sector that everybody is trying to understand