Chainalysis builds trust in blockchains between people, businesses, and governments. Our Blockchain Intelligence Platform powers our compliance and investigation software for the world’s top institutions. With offices in NY, D.C., and Copenhagen, Chainalysis is global and backed by Benchmark and other leading names in venture capital.
We are looking for an Accounting Associate to assist our Head of Finance.
This position will be based out of New York.
- Own day-to-day accounting tasks and maintain accounting records in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare invoices and run the accounts receivable process
- Enter bills and credit card expenses in the ERP
- Assist with the month-end close and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Historic data reconciliations
- Work with other team leaders to pull financial reports
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Assist in implementing a new ERP system
- Help manage insurance vendors
- Provide other office administrative support including processing incoming mail and digitally filing bills
You should have accounting administrative experience with a high level of attention to detail, ability to adapt to a fast-paced, continually evolving environment and thrive in a collaborative and team-oriented workplace.
To be successful, you have experience in the following areas:
- BS in Accounting
- CPA certified (or in the process)
- 2 - 3 years of accounting experience
- ERP system experience a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google G Suite
- Gusto and Expensify experience a plus
- Understanding of revenue recognition principles under GAAP
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tackle problems
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred Big 4 experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.