Post ICO Retail Focused Blockchain / Crypto Company Looking for Director Of Finance
We are aiming to disrupt the global retail shopping experience. We have several initiatives in motion now. Each focus on a different aspect of the retail purchasing process between merchants and customers.
We are a fast-moving company that has experienced rapid growth post ICO. Over the past year our team grew from 5 members to over 25 and we are operating internationally.
The Director Of Finance role has the unique opportunity to help shape the future of our emerging business. We are looking for a strong financial leader who can work on the holding company level to build out these business initiatives. Reporting directly to the CEO and board of directors, you will guide the overall financial vision and direction of the company. As Director Of Finance, you should have expert level knowledge of the Cryptocurrency/Blockchain industry as well as experience in fin-tech companies and M&A roles. You'll be leading the team with big-picture thinking as well as ensuring that the team's processes and procedures result in best-in-class finance and accounting operations. We're looking for someone who wants to contribute to the overall direction of the company by creating a clear financial path.
Working in a start-up company environment the Director Of Finance should have experience managing small, fast-moving internal and external teams and be prepared for hands-on work.
- Drive the company’s financial planning and support (and define) business decisions for both Fiat and Cryptocurrency accounts. This includes dealing with multi currencies as well as multi tax environments as we are a truly global company.
- Define, monitor and execute on financial KPIs. Manage the production of the quarterly & annual budget and forecasts.
- Craft financial reporting structure for various operating company initiatives and build out individual accounting teams for each operating company
- Direct month end reporting and present the statement to executive team and board of advisors
- Create financial guidelines to ensure proper cash-flow management
- Build and lead the Finance team.
- Develop financial models on a as need basis, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Pioneer accounting and financial best practices for global companies with multiple local subsidiaries operating with Fiat and Cryptocurrencies
- Executive-level quantitative/analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills - communicate freely and easily internally and externally verbally and in writing
- Extreme attention to detail paired with big-picture thinking
- 6 - 10 years experience with a focus on previous startup work
- Degree from top undergrad or graduate school
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Confident with IT (especially Excel and any financial software packages)
- Happy working as part of a global decentralized team and managing others
- Knowledge of proper tax codes in a global environment a plus
- Financial designation of CPA/CFA/MBA ideal but not necessary if experience is greater than education.
Competitive based on experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.