Post ICO Retail Focused Blockchain / Crypto Company Looking for Operations Director
- Fluz Fluz
- New York
- Company Type
- Exchanges, Money Transmission, Payment Service Providers & Merchant Services, Supply Chain Management
- Job Type
- Full time
- Pay in Crypto
- Job Function
We are aiming to disrupt the global retail shopping experience. We have several initiatives in motion now. Each focus on a different aspect of the retail purchasing process between merchants and customers.
We are a fast-moving company that has experienced rapid growth post ICO. Over the past year our team grew from 5 members to over 25 and we are operating internationally.
The Operations Director role has the unique opportunity to help shape the future of our emerging business. We are looking for an obsessive go-getter and leader who wants to be a leader and who is responsible for the efficient operations of the overall business. The successful candidate will need to be able to learn quickly, leave ego at the door, and touch all areas of the business from operations, marketing, development, finance and customer service. The successful candidate may evolve in their responsibilities, including being responsible for building and managing teams across business initiatives.
The Operations Director will report to the Chief Executive Officer and work with all members of the executive team. The successful candidate must be a detailed oriented person able to manage multiple projects and drive follow through across the business. The successful candidate is preferred to have retail and financial experience, comfort working internationally, and an ability to travel extensively as necessary.
- Ensure open communication horizontally and vertically, as well as troubleshoot on behalf of executive team and escalating key issues as needed.
- Lead various teams and projects to ensure they achieve maximum operational effectiveness, efficiency, and profitability
- Implement processes and systems to deliver consistently excellent results for our customers and hosts
- Establish accountability in key processes by creating performance metrics (KPIs) and goals across all business channels, and then manage the business to meet and exceed these goals.
- Support leadership and teams with pipeline and operations management, including planning and communications around key upcoming deliverables and milestones.
- Mentor, develop, establish and monitor staff performance using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results
- Highly-refined written and verbal communications skills; naturally interpersonal
- Unfailing follow through with ability to be a player / coach
- Able to successfully navigate and make decisions within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills and abilities to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- 4+ years of leadership experience at an early-stage startup
- Strong strategic fundamentals; able to cast an analytical eye over a range of problems
- Organizational and political skills; developed negotiation skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics; you display moral courage, integrity, trustworthiness and a commitment to diversity
- Strong international experience desired; experience living or studying abroad
- Understanding of business functions such as operations, HR, finance, marketing, revenue generation, customer relationship management and web development.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
Competitive based on experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.