- BankofBitcoin (www.bofb.com)
- SF Bay Area
- Cash, Crypto & Equity
- BofB, Inc. - CTO
- Company Type
- Job Type
- Full time
- Pay in Crypto
- Job Function
About this role
At BofB (www.bofb.com) we are looking for a hands on leader, extremely motivated and experienced CTO to oversee our development team and own strategic technical direction.
You'll be responsible for the technology that drives our business. As part of a growing team you’ll likely need to roll your sleeves up and be hands on with code and infrastructure, as well as nurturing a team of engineers and driving technological choices. You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary product team tasked with developing our core product. You will likely need to travel and spend some time onsite with partners across the globe.
You realize that bitcoin still needs democratization and you are passionate about the idea of building a next generation financial platform for the next billion users to embrace crypto.
You’ll be a confident self-starter and comfortable with a lot of autonomy. You’ll be a pragmatist and know when to follow perceived wisdom or when to tear up the rule book. You’ll have significant experience shipping commercial or corporate software at scale, lived to tell the tale and learned from the experience. You’ll be excited by technology and how it impacts people’s lives. You’ll care deeply about the user. You’ll be comfortable in a rapidly evolving, agile (in all senses of the word) environment with strong opinions loosely held. By which we mean your experience is incredibly valuable but you’re a good listener and able to communicate your ideas cogently, whilst being respectful and open to others input. You have experience leading a team, providing direction, support, guidance and mentorship. You’ll have a good body of work to talk through, and preferably demonstrate. You have hands on experience working on block chain projects and a deep understanding of block chain, cryptocurrency and related technologies.
What else we are looking for:
• Trading system experience (order books, order matching) is a plus.
• Strong cryptography background & hands-on experience;
• Network engineering and protocols experience;
• Block chain development experience is a plus;
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have a strong overall technical background
- Technical experience in cryptocurrency and or cryptocurrency mining is a big plus
- Proven experience as a CTO or role that would lead to qualifications for a CTO position
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude and willingness to be hands-on when required
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field