Product Manager / Scrum Master
Polymath is an interface between financial securities and the blockchain, helping issuers to overcome the complex technical and legal challenges related to issuing regulated securities on the blockchain. We are a team of start-up veterans, legal experts, finance professionals, and all-star developers looking to hire a Product Manager/Scrum Master to join our growing team.
1. Drive product development from concept to shipping.
- Will be responsible for project implementation, planning, monitoring and preparation of reports for the CTO.
- Gather and organize information through customer feedback, bug bash, and demos and come up with plans to continuously improve metrics.
- Analyze product data daily and recommend new systems, procedures, or product changes to improve efficiency as needed.
- Make product recommendations to leadership through presentations or written reports.
- Propose solutions or alternative routes for product development as needed.
- Thoroughly document release notes to accompany each sprint release.
- From time to time deliver and direct creation of Training materials.
2. Deliver project outcomes on-time and on-budget.
- Define the project scope and present a development strategy to the senior leadership team prior to starting a new project.
- Define the Execution Schedule prior to project launch and update it daily/weekly.
- Utilize Asana platform to organize the project and communicate daily progress updates.
- Track key timeliness metrics (e.g. cycle time, time spent by team/by individual team member, on-time completion percentage).
3. Coordinate with designers, developers, and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the product perspectives within various teams and serve as the glue binding various stakeholder to a common goal.
- Analyze key metrics and consult with managers, designers, and developers to ensure changes are working as intended.
- Provide diplomatic negotiations and help teams overcome communication and productivity barriers as needed.
- Interact with the QA team to ensure acceptance criteria is set for tickets to accommodate automated and manual testing.
- Manage ongoing limited client communications and share status updates with key stakeholders (experience blogging via medium.com is preferred).
4. Provide coaching, motivation, and organization to project teams using Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Champion the insight of our customers and market in weekly meetings.
- Effectively facilitate Scrum ceremonies, sprint planning, standups, story review, and retrospectives.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where issues and problems can be discussed without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged.
5. Be a good team player and embody Polymath’s culture and core values.
- Bring a mindset of personal/professional development, continuous learning, and coaching to management of the Polymath team.
- Embody initiative (go above and beyond the call of duty), respect for colleagues, resilience, and flexibility ongoingly.
- Demonstrate razor-sharp execution and eagerness for perfection.
- Willingness to learn new things fast.
- You must have participated in various ERC20 token crowdsales as a general contributor, having gone through contribution portals dapps yourself via metamask and myetherwallet.
- You've interacted with many dapps via metamask.
- You currently hold Ethereum, Bitcoin, and ERC20 tokens such as OMGToken, EOS, Kyber, Salt.
- Front-end web developer skills with html, css, js.
- You like https://tympanus.net/codrops/.
- Experience running a SCRUM team with continuous integration, automated testing.
- An appetite for software design tempered with an understanding of practical trade-offs in development (lean, MVP).
- Engineering Degree.
- Self-starter and comfortable in a very fast-paced start-up environment.
- Solidity experience.
- Web3.js experience.
- Experience with frameworks such as Truffle.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance.
- Web and Mobile development.
- Amazon AWS, CDN's, Heroku and scaling assets to worldwide users under high loads.
- Mandarin Chinese / Korean speaking is a plus (optional).
- Competitive base salary.
- Bonus options available in crypto assets.
- Travel to events and conferences (if desired).
- A choice of working in our office in Barbados, Toronto, or a combination of the two. Exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
- An opportunity to be part of the financial revolution.