CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Polymath is an interface between financial securities and the blockchain, helping issuers to overcome the complex technical and legal challenges related to issuing regulated securities on the blockchain. We are a team of start-up veterans, legal experts, finance professionals, and all-star developers looking to hire a Chief Financial Officer to act as the right hand to our founders, lead on finance and accounting matters, and serve a key operational role within the company.
- Be a trusted financial partner to senior leadership in achieving the company’s financial goals and scaling the company. Actively participate in corporate strategy discussions, oversee capital strategy, and identify and evaluate financial risks and opportunities based on data and analysis.
- Develop annual financial plan and operating budget each year. Monitor and drive flawless monthly reporting and interim year forecasts as necessary. Drive successful implementation of KPIs and key management visibility tools.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting and financial functions of the company, including crypto currency bookkeeping, transfer pricing, loan agreements, accounts payable and receivable, preparation of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement, payroll, exchange rate matters, preparation of taxes (both income tax and HST filings), financial statement, and assisting with audits.
- Manage financial records in accordance with all legal, compliance, and contractual requirements, and respond to information/audit requests of clients, financial institutions, insurers, governmental agencies, and other entities as may be required.
- Communicate with the company's public accountant for all tax and financial statement related matters.
- Lead financial analysis and due diligence on new contracts, clients, partnerships, and/or acquisitions.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to manage relationships with lenders, investors, external accounting firms, insurance firms, attorneys, investment managers, and other business consultants.
- Hire, train, and lead the finance/accounting team.
- Work with senior leadership on matters relating to compensation. Provide guidance on financial limits and industry compensation levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related area.
- CPA, CA.
- 10+ years’ experience at the C-level leading on finance and operations.
- Experience in the technology sector (fintech desirable).
- An understanding of blockchain technology.
- Self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- CA designation.
- Familiarity with crypto accounting.
- Experience in public companies as well as startups.
- Mandarin Chinese / Korean speaking is a plus (optional).
- Competitive base salary.
- Bonus options available in crypto assets.
- Travel to events and conferences (if desired).
- An opportunity to be part of the financial revolution.