Are you a highly motivated and skilled software engineer that wants an opportunity to help shape the future of global financial services by joining a well-funded FinTech start up with the right combination of capital markets and technology experience to succeed. If so, we want to talk to you!
Tradewind Markets is looking for a UI Engineer to be a core member of our engineering team. You will be responsible for the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of Tradewind’s client facing user experience and integration with the backend that powers it. The position is expected to draw upon skills that navigate a spectrum from react based web frontends through to integrating with Python and Java heavy web-backends.
Bring your creativity and your energy to this casual but fast-paced work environment. You will be part of a well-funded startup with backing from prominent financial services/technology firms that have a reputation for challenging the status quo. We are sharply focused on execution - we have a specific use case with significant commercial opportunity, a proven team, and strategic and commercial partnerships with key financial firms. You will work closely with experienced software engineers who have built high throughput/low latency trading technology and market professionals with deep institutional knowledge, experience, and relationships in global financial services.
To meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
- Prior experience in developing both internal and client facing dashboards and data visualizations, from code bases at various stages of maturity.
- Computer Science or related technical degree and background
- 6+ years of web development experience
- 2+ years with stateful server side web development using Node.js, Python, Flask, or Java.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, good communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Domain experience with electronic trading systems, and FX
- Familiarity with server side technologies (Nginx, Apache, MySQL, Redis, SSL)
- Understanding of end to end testing frameworks like Selenium What's in it for you?
This is a group of imaginative and professionals with complementary skills and experience and diverse personalities, bound together by a high degree of integrity, intrinsic motivation, and standard of excellence. We also believe we have the ability to shape the future of global financial services to be more transparent, efficient, and fair through technology. This is a key position as part of the core team, with significant responsibility and visibility. If you are a highly motivated and skilled engineer that wants an opportunity to help us create something from whole cloth, apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- react.js: 2 years (Required)
- Web Development: 6 years (Required)