PHP back-end developer
- The Netherlands or remote
- Company Type
- Protocol Development, Exchanges
- Job Type
- Full time
- Job Function
- Back-End Developer
PHP back-end developer
Who we are:
Bitonic was the first in The Netherlands to start offering (automated) Bitcoin purchases through iDEAL in 2012. We have since expanded our services to include a bitcoin exchange: BL3P. But we have many more exciting plans and ideas we want to realise. Therefore, we are looking for an all-round developer/devops engineer who shares our passions for Bitcoin
What you can expect from us:
Many properties that apply to Bitcoin and blockchain also apply to Bitonic. Think: high-tech, innovative, disruptive, transparent, experimental, decentralized and reliable.
We are a real tech company that enjoy working hard, but definitely also enjoy some hard needed relaxation. We are an intelligent, creative and playful team. We have two different offices, the first one in Baarn, just a short 5 minute walk from the train station. Our second office is located in Amsterdam, 5 minute walk from metro station Weesperplein.
You can also expect:
- Freedom and flexibility (work hours, working from home, educational possibilities)
- Your own responsibility and to be a part of the decision-making process (holacracy)
- Technically challenging in a homely atmosphere
- A decent salary, 25 leave days, full reimbursement of travel expenses and free lunch.
What we expect from you:
You have been toying around with computers since a young age and have grown your passion into a professional skill set. Your focus is on backend/devops. You consider building scalable, complex systems a worthy challenge. Continuous integration and unit testing are not unfamiliar terms to you. You are able to write clear, structured code that (nearly) does not require any further explanation. In addition to building new systems, you are prepared to transform old code to meet today's requirements.
You are flexible by nature, curious and you thrive in an environment where you have a lot of freedom. You are an independent worker, self-managing en take satisfaction from building innovative and ever-improving systems. In addition we expect:
- Experience with PHP and related skills (like PHP 7.x, Composer, PHPUnit, Docker, databases, etc.)
- Some properly functioning grey matter (“analytical thinking”)
- A passion for Bitcoin
- Some Unreal Tournament skills are a +
We work in an advanced professionalized production environment using Docker, Saltstack and Git(lab). Some experience and affinity with these platforms is a bonus. Finally, we should mention we try to use open source software wherever we can. Naturally, experience using Linux is desirable.
Do you see yourself as part of our team?