Client Service Delivery
- Facilitate strategic planning, develop quality training, advisory and mentorship programs to Company’s clients.
- Manage the Company’s proof of concept and other client intake processes from beginning to end.
- Ensure that proper follow up of Company grantees and clients is performed.
- Ensure that challenges faced by clients due to the regulatory environment are identified, researched and policy dialog forums are organized with policy makers.
- Stay current and inform companies of special financing and tax incentives available to Company’s clients.
- Keep accurate files and records of each client company and any related correspondence.
- Keep current on all services of the Company in order to cross-sell its services to clients and the public.
- Promote the Company and its programs at every available opportunity.
- Perform as a liaison between the clients, businesses and the Company.
- Assist in screening issues for attention/action.
- Monitor progress of client companies.
- Maintain close relationship with the banking and microfinance industry to facilitate access to finance to Company’s clients.
- Establish linkage for client funding opportunities via venture capital/equity firms and angel networks.
- Coordinate and plan Company’s client advisory team and mentor meetings.
- Facilitate the negotiation and structure of client agreements.
Staff Management and Supervision Duties
- Lead the client support activities of the Company, including business advisory/mentoring, access to finance, access to information and access to policy.
- Assist the CEO in developing and implementing the Company’s strategies and annual operating plans.
- Supervise the work of Business Counselors and Outreach Coordinators to ensure that clients are getting quality business advisory service, training and other services.
- Supervise monitoring and evaluation staff to ensure monitoring and evaluation of the progress of Company’s clients is efficiently conducted.
- Develop strategic goals and objectives for the client service programs;
- Assist in preparing the annual work plan and budget;
- Maintain a rapport with clients, mentors, support staff, administration, consortium members, partner organizations and other stakeholders as needed to carry out job responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with other public and/or private organizations which provide business development assistance for the benefit of clients.
- Serve as a primary client interface for Company’s programs;
- Assist in planning and organizing Company’s events;
- Present operating results to CEO;
- Develop tools and processes for program management and innovation efforts;
- Provide leadership and establish criteria to monitor program performance;
- Attend organizational meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Solid experience in runing incubators.
- Possess the ability to identify and recruit potential clients for the Company.
- Possess skills required to instruct and assist clients in the areas of business plan development, market analysis, identification of and process to apply for sources of capital for business development and growth, business tax issues, and laws related to employment issues.
- Familiarity with the business incubation concept and the phases of early stage business development.
- Evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to network within the business community
- Ability to work with diverse groups including businesses, entrepreneurs, major corporations, universities, the public and economic development organizations
- Ability to operate as a business professional and an effective educator, and show evidence of a willingness to fulfill both roles Strongly desired:
- Experience in working with start-ups
- Previous record of building strong networks with business leaders
- Experience desired in any aspect of small business such banking, or personally owning and/or operating a commercial venture
- Strong leadership skills including communications and personnel management skills.
Degrees and Certificates
- Successful candidate will possess a MA/MS in business discipline
- Masters degree in business or related field with at least 8 years of progressive responsibility in business incubation or related programs
- Ability to utilize common office software packages such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.