- New York, NY
- Company Type
- Infrastructure, Protocol Development, Online Marketplaces, Enterprise Blockchain Platforms
- Job Type
- Full time
- Job Function
- Software Engineer
To apply, please email email@example.com.
FogCoin is the global marketplace for compute. Our patented fog computing technology, ActiveAether, equips any computer to host software services just like a “cloud” provider, and our blockchain-based cryptocurrency, FogCoin, enables hosts to get paid for renting out computing resources.
FogCoin + ActiveAether is an affiliate of AetherWorks. AetherWorks is a Software Research & Venture Development firm. We have been located on Bryant Park for the last 7 years where we have been designing, patenting, building, marketing & selling software focused on distributed systems.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a talented software engineer who enjoys solving difficult problems and translating those solutions into clean, high performance code. The ideal candidate is someone who possesses a solid mix of initiative, imagination, and work ethic.
The Senior Software Engineer will have significant input as we build new features, products, and solutions to existing challenges. The individual in this role will be required to work well within the team while also taking ownership of projects to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- A positive attitude: working well with the team is of utmost importance
- A thorough knowledge of Java
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies, specifically creating, estimating & prioritizing stories
- An understanding of the need for automated testing by utilizing practices such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Takes a top-down, iterative and incremental approach to architecting a software system, utilizing technology to solve business problems
- An interest in and experience with high-availability, multi-threaded, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field is preferred, but we will consider candidates from the school of practical learning as well
- 5+ years of experience in software development
Every engineer on our team has a substantial impact on each of our systems. An understanding of system architecture and how changes will affect testability, maintainability, and scalability of the system is crucial for every engineer on the team.
Package and Benefits:
- Upside in all ventures
- A casual, flexible work environment
- Full health, dental, & vision
- 401k match
- Excellent vacation policy