Prinicipal Security Engineer
- OTC Exchange Network, Inc.
- SF preferred, remote considered.
- Company Type
- Infrastructure, Financial Services & Products, Enterprise Blockchain Platforms
- Job Type
- Full time
- Job Function
- Software Developer
OTC Exchange Network (“OTCXN”) is looking for the best and brightest leader who can be both fantastic team players and individual contributors to join our family. We want rock-stars without rock-star attitudes, newbies who aren’t afraid to take charge, people who dream big and can share a path to their vision, but most importantly, we want balanced people.
Why Join OTCXN
You will be working with a team that will have a profound impact at the crossroads of blockchain and capital markets infrastructure. Building world-class disruptive technologies requires vision, persistence, innovation, and a deep belief that nothing is impossible. We are looking for smart people who are not risk adverse and want to build something that will be universally recognized as a world first. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that foster continuous improvement on a daily basis, offering transparency, ownership and integrity. Join our proven and successful management team in executing one of the most ambitious global projects in the blockchain space.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a strong passion for security related to blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
- You have a strong desire to do something that has never been done before but still solve real security problems for the largest markets in the world.
- You want to deliver a real product with a real revenue model.
- You want to make a difference and don't want to be just another cog in the wheel.
- You are very open to learning from others and when given the opportunity, always willing to jump in and give it your all.
- You're the type of person that genuinely prefers to help out where others are weak and you're also always open to accepting help with your own weaknesses. You understand no one is perfect.
- At least 5 years of hands-on professional experience in information security.
- Hands-on experience with developing on at least one backend blockchain codebase, whether proprietary (e.g., Chain) or open source (e.g., Hyperledger, Corda) -- not just building apps on top.
- Strong understanding of the cryptographic principles and data dependencies underpinning blockchain technologies.
- Experience and understanding of major consensus protocols, asymmetric encryption, Merkle trees, hash functions, key-value database
- Experience and understanding of transaction scripting and smart contracts, especially Bitcoin style conditionalized transactions
- Understanding of key areas of Blockchain research including data privacy, confidential transactions, side chains and pegging, sharding, lightning, and other scaling methodologies
- Strong sense of ownership, passion to build quality products for massive scale in collaborative, agile environment and excitement to learn
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Security / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter.
- 5+ years of development experience developing production grade, multi-threaded, enterprise client/server software using Java stack.
- Experience with extending core Blockchain functionality, such as changes to Bitcoin or Ethereum VM.
- Experience contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of Blockchain technologies like Chain, Corda and Hyperledger.
- Understanding of microservices architecture.
- Recognized expertise in blockchain applications as evidenced by industry participation, publications and/or awards.
- Detailed and verifiable understanding of blockchain architectures including detailed knowledge of how various blockchain platforms differ.
- Experience in building distributed databases, networking protocols, or large-scale transaction systems.
- Experience developing large scale, highly available distributed systems and protocol design.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
- Experience with some of the following: concurrency and synchronization, common IPC/RPC methods and patterns, queuing patterns and pipeline design, messaging systems and patterns, virtual memory management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead Information Security group to begin with as a individual contributor. Potential to grow team and be Chief Information Security Officer.
- Work closely with company leadership to define roadmap and extend an existing custom blockchain implementation in Java.
- Collaborate with CTO, blockchain engineers and math wizards and undertake R&D projects to create novel hybrid solutions to solve problems while maintaining extreme performance requirements without trading off guarantees blockchain provides.
- Help develop blockchain product specs.
- Collaboratively define blockchain systems architecture and best practices.
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering and problem-solving.
Bonus Points For:
- Sense of humor
- Published Blockchain-related research
- Published cryptography research
- Experience or genuine interest in trading and exchanges
- Experience in P2P networking
- A Master’s in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same
What You Get:
- The excitement and fulfillment of solving the biggest problems in the largest markets for top global clients using real blockchain technology
- Very competitive salary (DOE) and equity in a well-funded and high growth startup backed by prominent investors
- Substantial career opportunities and upside to match your passion for what we do
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- 7 ways to deliver caffeine to your bloodstream
- Relaxed company culture
- SF preferred, remote considered