Blockstack is a new internet for decentralized apps. With Blockstack, you own your data and maintain your privacy, security and freedom. Blockstack is open source project and a public benefit corporation. Learn more.
Blockstack is looking for an Engineering Lead to manage the Blockstack tech teams across a number of products. In this role you will work with a high level team to drive direction for technical upgrades and improvements to the Blockstack browser and developer API. This position is ideal for those experienced in driving deliverables across a number of teams and implement engineering best practices with consideration to security, testing, and project management for efficiency.
- Effectively manage a team of engineer to drive progress, innovation, and production in Blockstack engineering
- Work with relevant parties to ensure Blockstack is secure, highly available, and accessible to developers
- Contribute to product discussions and provide context regarding growth goals, enable new features in the Blockstack ecosystem
- Manage a team of diverse engineers working on several high level launches at a time
You have lead an experienced team before, have excellent organization and communication skills, and are familiar with peer-to-peer distributed systems, and secure engineering principles.
- Increased uptime of the Blockstack software
- Delivery of long term, securely tested software, including roadmap and implementation
- Track performance deliverables for the Blockstack engineering team
- Background in distributed systems engineering or software development
- Ability to plan, architect and implement engineering initiatives across platforms and OS,(needs strong background in Linux and familiarity with Mobile engineering)
- Experience securing production environments of multiple sizes
- Proven ability to engage a team in long term production initiatives and drive growth in engineering, with least amount
- Nice to have: Experience in blockchain and cryptocurrency environments
Qualities + Traits
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Adept at leading a team with a positive and productive attitude
- Flexibility to implement solutions in small start-up environments
- Nice-to-Have: open source experience
We get a lot of applicants, and have historically hired people who are proactively involved in our work and mission of decentralizing the internet. We hope you explore our Whitepaper, Browser, Github, and Slack prior to submitting your resume.