Blockstack is a new internet for decentralized apps. With Blockstack, you own your data and maintain your privacy, security and freedom. Blockstack is open source project and a public benefit corporation. Learn more.
Blockstack is looking for a Security Engineer to secure the Blockstack ecosystem including software and operations. As a security engineer you will predict and preemptively address potential vulnerabilities. Experience across a number of production environments including both start-ups and larger enterprise companies are critical. This person has a breadth of expertise including encryption, penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, cryptography, and security best practices.
- Apply an applied cryptography lens to Blockstack protocol and Blockchain
- Implement security upgrades to the Blockstack browser, core, and API
- Deliver and implement software and operational security solutions for use across our team
- Preemptively address any potential vulnerabilities for malicious hackers
- Take responsibility for Hackerone Bug Bounties
You are obsessed with security engineering and planning, interested in securing a platform and token protocol, and are capable of establishing a holistic understanding of the various engineering pieces required to deliver a secure product. 10+ years professional experience
- Increased uptime of the Blockstack software
- Delivery of long term, securely tested software, including roadmap and implementation
- Ensuring safety of Blockstack team practices
- Expert knowledge of applied cryptography and cryptographic protocols, including familiarity with state-of-the-art academic literature on the subject and practical knowledge on engineering successful systems.
- Experience in the low-level implementation and protocol details of a widely-deployed public blockchain
- Strong background in security-oriented system design, with a focus on applied cryptography
- Must be able to identify and defend against plausible protocol-level and network-level attacks on the system.
Qualities + Traits:
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think fast and thoroughly
- Excellent communication
We get a lot of applicants, and have historically hired people who are proactively involved in our work and mission of decentralizing the internet. We hope you explore our Whitepaper, Browser, Github, and Slack prior to submitting your resume.