CoinDesk is seeking paid full-time time interns to support our growing team. This position is based in New York City and is available for fall 2018.
The world of finance and banking is being reimagined. Armed with new technologies, a wave of innovators is seeking to reshape how the world manages its money.
At CoinDesk, it's our job to understand and quantify this transition, digging deep into the companies and people who are impacting what's now a $400 billion market.
With this responsibility to our readers in mind, CoinDesk is seeking to add dedicated researchers to its team who can help us track and gather publicly available data, measuring growth and change in key industry verticals in a way that can support real business decisions.
This role will support CoinDesk's flagship "State of Blockchain" report, issued quarterly.
- Be self-motivated but able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Have knowledge and familiarity with data sources throughout the blockchain industry
- Conduct research by carefully examining publications, expert reports, white papers, databases, blogs, news, industry announcements and briefings, to obtain the relevant information.
- Gather data in a way that can support long and short-term investigative projects through the strategic use of market research methods, data access and statistical tools.
- Make data actionable through the strategic creation of graphs, graphics and tables that successfully convey complex facts and figures.
- Ability to write copy quickly and able to take constructive criticism
- Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process and file requests when necessary
- Familiarity with cryptography, blockchain or prior experience reporting or researching financial or technology industry topics.
Should I Apply?
The position is ideal for recent college graduates, current graduate students or enrolled undergraduates who want a hands-on, real-world writing experience for an engaged audience.
Since 2013, CoinDesk has been the leader in blockchain news. Through our independent journalism and monthly research reports, we cover the key trends, technologies, companies and people that matter in bitcoin, ethereum and other blockchain tech communities. We also host must-attend events, such as Consensus, CoinDesk's annual blockchain summit, which has become the industry's largest annual event for experts and leaders from the startup, investment, financial services, and policy communities.