Senior Editor, Technology
CoinDesk is looking for an experienced editor to help shape its market-leading coverage of blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, and the coders working hard to build new products and services to reimagine the web experience we know today.
- Have a deep understanding of media about technology, are experienced developing a strategy for this vertical, and can craft specific content forms that can be adapted by junior team members
- Are passionate about digital audience building and are up-to-date on strategies for moving and maintaining coverage across platforms, messengers and social networks
- Can lead a team of writers, coaching them to deepen their coverage and improve their storytelling skills
- Have developed and maintained an editorial calendar involving multiple team members
- Are curious about the bleeding edge of blockchain technology and are enthusiastic about reading white papers and building relationships with key leaders in the field.
Our core team is based in New York, but we will consider international applications.
You will be responsible for:
- Editing 8-10 pieces of original content per week
- Informing and maintaining data products for a technology audience
- Managing and training a team of 3-5 journalists
- Maintaining a robust editorial schedule with complex deadlines
- Providing guidance and career development for junior writers
- Building relationships with and interviewing relevant influencers and companies
- Supporting 24-hour coverage of the bitcoin and blockchain industry.
- Deep knowledge of platforms: past experience producing content for the web; proficiency with bitcoin, blockchain technology and distributed ledgers
- Experience: 5+ years as a journalist, preferably as an editor in the technology sector and previous employment in online/digital media
- Flexibility and curiosity: We have a lean, mean, geographically dispersed team that often needs to work collaboratively to accomplish greater goals
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving environment
- Familiarity with coding and development tools
- Experience building data products
- Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign)