Head of Community Development
CoinDesk is seeking a Head of Community Development who will be responsible for identifying, producing, and delivering timely, quality educational programs, products, and services reflective of and relevant to the blockchain and digital assets industry. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Meetings & Events, this individual will collaborate with business development and research colleagues to manage the overall design, development, and execution of all internal and external educational programs, products, and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the content managers on the development of Conference themes, content ideation, speaker target lists and conducting speaker outreach. Must be actively engaged and driven to constantly ‘sell’ the conference to speaker targets and general audience.
- Collaborate with department heads on designing a program that incorporates all products, enhances the Consensus brand and extends the Conference beyond the event dates.
- Collaborate with Head of Product and Engineering to design and build a ‘Directory of Blockchain/Crypto Leaders’ from the wide array of speakers, speaker profiles, video, photos, content, etc. that make-up coindesk.com.
- Develop a speaker community to enhance the speaker experience and explore ways to utilize/monetize the community, such as the development of a speakers’ bureau.
- Evaluate the overall education program to ensure that all curriculum areas are covered to identify gaps in offerings and to determine how to meet those needs.
- Manage the design, launch and review process of the ‘call for speakers’ across all events.
- By studying the marketplace and actively recruiting and researching all sources offering Continuing Education (CE) credits, oversee the broad goals of keeping our content “marketable” and launching a CE credits program.
- Conduct analysis and evaluation of the conference programs, including individual speaker evaluations and overall ROI of the education program.
- Assist with the execution of audience development programs, such as Consensus Black, in order to reward loyal attendees, increase revenue and enhance the attendee experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years public relations and/or curriculum development experience
- Experience and understanding of curriculum development, theories of learning, knowledge of evaluation techniques and market research.
- Demonstrated understanding and/or experience in the blockchain and digital assets industry
- Superior written and oral communication skills
About the Culture:
CoinDesk is a small company with incredible ambition. We care about the work that we do and about our mission to inform and educate this rapidly growing audience. You will have an immediate impact on the growth of CoinDesk. We are not siloed, so it's important that you can communicate across departments and offer support even if it falls outside the job description. Ultimately, we're a close-knit team that takes huge pride in the opportunity we have. We want you to join that.