Senior Meeting Planner
We are seeking a Senior Meeting Planner who is responsible for speaker management and the organization / execution of medium to large scale conferences for CoinDesk. This position provides strategic program guidance and project coordination that delivers the desirable outcomes to our organization in ways that promote the CoinDesk mission and culture. They are responsible for the planning, management and execution of speakers, logistics, and operations and will work with the VP, Events & Sales in determining meeting needs and keeping them informed of the project throughout.
CORE AREAS OF FOCUS
Agenda/Speaker Management: In collaboration with our Head of Research, this position will manage the solicitation, alignment, and execution of presenters for all CoinDesk events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: brainstorming conference themes, building conference agendas, conducting speaker outreach calls, managing speaker onboarding, providing recommendations relating to the content and delivery, documenting challenges and successes to ensure they are managed and/or incorporated into future events.
Conference Management: Meeting and conference responsibilities include, but are not limited to: meeting venue site selection, site visits, contract review and negotiation, menu selection, meeting specification details, accommodations for staff, speakers, and vendors, audio visual equipment, sign preparation, overseeing registration, on-site management, auditing and reconciling invoices, payment of vendor bills.
PRINCIPAL DIRECT ACTIVITIES
- The planner will present and propose ideas and recommend appropriate vendors based on M&E needs and budget.
- Research facilities and vendors, including convention centers, hotels, restaurants, audio visual companies as requested. Draft and distribute RFPs as needed. Make recommendations based on M&E needs and budget.
- Select appropriate vendors for each meeting and negotiate contracts for convention centers, hotels, restaurants, ground transportation and audio visual.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with meeting suppliers: hotels, restaurants, audio visual and other meeting related vendors.
- Arrange for temporary personnel at assigned meetings when necessary. Instruct them as to their duties and supervise their performance.
- Verify the accuracy of all meeting-related invoices and forward to VP for review. Responsible for monthly accruals and re-accruals for each assigned project.
- Assist VP in the preparation of budget expenses for the new fiscal year budget as it relates to expenses for all pertinent site costs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree;
- Three to five years meeting planning or hotel experience;
- Proven experience as events planner for medium to large scale meetings & conferences of up to 10,000 attendees;
- Ability to deal with senior level executives;
- Ability to travel (20%);
- Keeps abreast of new industry trends.
- Partner with department leadership on business development opportunities,
- Attend industry events and meetings on behalf of CoinDesk.
- Provides specialized consultation in specific areas of event marketing including webinar services, sponsorship/tradeshow activation
- Strong ability to negotiate contract terms/conditions;
- Knowledge of Event Technology products and services
- Knowledge of contract management and legalities
About the Culture:
CoinDesk is a small company with incredible ambition. We care about the work that we do and about our mission to inform and educate this rapidly growing audience. You will have an immediate impact on the growth of CoinDesk. We are not siloed, so it's important that you can communicate across departments and offer support even if it falls outside the job description. Ultimately, we're a close-knit team that takes huge pride in the opportunity we have. We want you to join that.
You will report to the Vice President, Events & Sales but will work very closely with the marketing and research teams.