CoinDesk is looking for both full-time and freelance journalists to join its world-leading editorial team and report on news related to digital currencies, blockchain technology and distributed financial platforms.
Have experience and deep understanding of technology and/or finance, and are incredibly passionate about great content and emerging fintech innovations like blockchain.
- Enjoy researching compelling stories, interviewing the influencers behind them and hunting down leads, and live for the thrill of the scoop.
- Are often described as relentless, driven and ambitious, and you pay close attention to details.
- You're also diligent and fanatical about accurate reporting and precise copy writing.
- Excited to join a small, but focused team working in a rapidly evolving industry.
Our core team is based in New York, but we will consider international applications from those who wish to work remotely, provided they have relevant experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Analysis and deep reporting for news pieces published on our website.
- Attending and reporting at events, conferences and other industry meetings.
- Building relationships with and interviewing relevant influencers and companies.
- Editing articles and research reports.
- Sourcing news stories from the international blockchain community.
- Supporting 24-hour coverage of the bitcoin and blockchain industry.
- Deep knowledge of platforms: past experience producing content for the web (blogging, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter).
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience: 2-3 years as a journalist or professional writer, preferably with end-market experience in the technology and/or finance sectors, proficiency with bitcoin, blockchain technology and distributed ledgers, and previous employment in online/digital media.
- Flexibility and curiosity: We have a lean, mean team that often needs to work collaboratively to accomplish greater goals.
- Willingness to work in fast-moving environment.
- Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign).
- Familiarity with price charts, blockchain explorers, and bitcoin products and services.