Cryptography / Security Engineer
- Helsinki or Zug
- Competitive Salary + Tokens
- Company Type
- Infrastructure, Online Marketplaces, Data Management, Consortium
- Job Type
- Full time
- Pay in Crypto
- Job Function
- Software Engineer
I'm sure by now you've heard about the Streamr project? https://www.streamr.com
Have you worked on crypto projects, blockchains, or ICO projects? Do you have skills with decentralized protocols, IPFS, Swarm? Interested in showing your magic in an open source project?
Streamr (based in Zug, Switzerland) is creating an open source platform for the free and fair exchange of the world’s real-time data. Our blockchain-backed data Marketplace and powerful tools put your data back where it belongs – with you!
Data in Chains (based in Helsinki) is the primary development arm for Streamr. We have a dozen highly talented software engineers and blockchain specialists who are hard at work building the Streamr Platform in conjunction with Streamr developers in Switzerland.
The first 2 parts of the Streamr Platform, relevant to this open position:
A storefront for the world’s data streams. It categorizes, bundles, sorts and showcases all available data, both free and commercial on the Streamr Network, and acts as a single common interface for bringing together data buyers and sellers, who transact using $DATA. And we don’t take a transaction fee. (Released at Consensus in NY on Wednesday May 16th!!)
Your real-time data will travel through our decentralized peer-to-peer Network, hosted on computers around the globe. Our scalable, low-latency transport layer built for real-time dApps as well as data streams on the Marketplace will be supported by nodes who earn $DATA in exchange for the bandwidth and validation they provide.
(The remaining 4 parts of the Streamr Platform are Smart Contracts, Ethereum, Visual Editor, and Streamr Engine. More info about these at: https://www.streamr.com)
After the Marketplace is released, Streamr’s core devs will then focus on building our decentralized network which will serve as the underlying infrastructure supporting those decentralized data driven applications.
So, here is the job:
- Participate in planning and implementation of the security aspects and proof/token mechanics on the StreamrNetwork
- Dig deep into end-to-end encryption, multicast encryption, key management and delivery, content signing, security best practices, game theoretical implications of adversarial networks
- Work together with the overall Streamr team to make the Network layer work seamlessly with other components of the Streamr system and the companion blockchain (in the beginning, Ethereum)
- Working experience in cryptography / security
- Highly analytical mind with good math skills and ability to read and understand academic papers
- Interest in decentralized technology and blockchains
- Excellent English and communication skills
We Appreciate Experience In:
- Experience with end-to-end encrypted messaging protocols (Matrix, Signal)
- Familiarity with peer-to-peer networking, especially protocols and libraries used in the decentralized/blockchain space (Whisper, PPS (Swarm), libp2p, devp2p)
- Code contributions to blockchains or other P2P networks
- Ethereum smart contract development in Solidity
- Experience with real-time data or messaging
Our company continues to grow, is profitable, and is turning heads left and right due to our exclusive development muscle concentrating on the Streamr project. Our office in Helsinki is right downtown, across from the main train station. We share synergy with another software company, Sujuwa, and we share synergy with our virtual Streamrteam from Switzerland.
You have the option of working in Finland, or Switzerland. Or from home if you are a technical wizard. You have the option of earning a highly competitive salary in Euros, or you can combine it with Streamr DATAcoins, a.k.a $DATA.
Ready for your next adventure? Apply here with your CV, or send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com the Subject entitled ‘Cryptography’. Looking forward to getting to know you!