About Open Garden (OG)
OG is creating a connectivity marketplace where people can buy and sell bandwidth. Airbnb created a marketplace where people can buy and sell lodging and Lyft created a marketplace where people can buy and sell car rides. Companies in sharing economy (Airbnb, Lyft, etc.) empower people to monetize underutilized assets. In the case of Airbnb, an underutilized asset is a physical space that people are not using and can be shared (rented) to others and in the case of Lyft, an individual’s personal car can be used as a taxi. At OG, we are doing the same thing by empowering people to sell the bandwidth they are not using (i.e. an underutilized asset) to other people seeking an Internet connection.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an analytical person to be a part of a nimble and fast moving team to create products that are going to be used by millions of people worldwide.
As a Sr. Product Manager (PM), you will set your product’s goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with OG’s mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research, and usability studies.
- Completely own your products from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision
- Communicate, with clarity, roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Minimum three years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field preferred
- MBA preferred
- Ability to convert complex ideas and user needs into product requirements
- Experience building roadmaps, managing product backlogs, and working closely with engineers and designers to build new products
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge the norms
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Consumer experience