Senior UX/UI Designer - Mobile App
About Open Garden (OG)
OG is creating a connectivity marketplace where people can buy and sell bandwidth. Airbnb created a marketplace where people can buy and sell lodging and Lyft created a marketplace where people can buy and sell car rides. Companies in sharing economy (Airbnb, Lyft, etc.) empower people to monetize underutilized assets. In the case of Airbnb, an underutilized asset is a physical space that people are not using and can be shared (rented) to others and in the case of Lyft, an individual’s personal car can be used as a taxi. At OG, we are doing the same thing by empowering people to sell the bandwidth they are not using (i.e. an underutilized asset) to other people seeking an Internet connection.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative person to be a part of a nimble and fast moving team to design products that are going to be used by millions of people worldwide.
As a senior UX/UI designer, you'll be responsible for visual and interaction design and also play a key role in ideation, roadmapping, analysis, feature design, and the quality of our mobile app products.
- Take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for new OG customers
- Collaborate closely with teams of Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process—from crafting user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes
- Anticipate what new users need and ensure that the final product delights them. Furthermore, develop a vision of product evolution with changing user needs
- Produce and maintain artifacts that help the team understand the product and business contexts, such as personas, scenarios, and user story maps
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, pattern library entries, and other artifacts that communicate the user experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in creating elegant and compelling designs with attention to microinteractions in use in mobile apps (Android and iOS)
- Experience in creating user flows, process flows and storyboards and up-to-date with UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)