ConsenSys is a venture production studio passionate about building and scaling tools and enterprise software products powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security, infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in an exciting environment where being disciplined, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
The Protocol Engineering Group (PegaSys) team within ConsenSys creates and contributes to the software which operates Ethereum networks from the public chain to enterprise ecosystems. PegaSys is on a mission to enable the decentralized future by building a next-generation enterprise-grade blockchain platform.
We are set to grow the ecosystem around blockchain and technologies through products that drive enterprise adoption. This work spans all layers of the (Enterprise) Ethereum protocol stack: block processing, networking, storage, and cryptography. Some of the challenges we have been focusing on include security, scalability, performance and robustness.
Our path to success lies in interactions and open source contributions coming from our engagement with ConsenSys Enterprise, academic, EEA, and Ethereum Foundation communities. Some of our notable engagements include our work in Dubai as City Blockchain Advisor, Swarm storage community, and EEA vision. Current ground-level activities revolve around re-architecture of blockchain clients like Geth and Quorum into modular, pluggable, and service-oriented components.
What you will work on:
- Build core blockchain and enterprise technologies; optimize blockchain data structures, write crypto algorithms and protocol specifications
- Design, develop and implement blockchain protocol packages for Ethereum
- Craft and maintain interfaces for API and Storage teams
- Use formal methods to test the correctness of Ethereum Protocols
- Deep understanding of OOD/OOP distributed systems; designing and developing large scale, high availability software preferably in Java
- Experience analyzing data structures and algorithms and issues related to scale, security and availability
- Experience working with language and compiler design or crypto engineering
- Experience with and/or interest in some of the following areas:
- Distributed Systems
- Database and Large-scale Storage Systems
- Big Data Processing Systems
- Operating Systems
- Performance Analysis and Optimization
- Comfortable operating in an Agile environment
- Collaborative by nature; willing to give and receive feedback
- Open to learning
- Understanding we are a globally distributed, remote-first team; Comfortable with handling uncertainty and ambiguity