ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Balanc3 at ConsenSys:
The Balanc3 team is building and developing financial reporting products on the Ethereum blockchain. We're leading the accounting initiatives in the blockchain industry through our accounting software platform, full service partnerships, and accounting industry involvement. We have brought together leaders in both the accounting and blockchain industries to inform the design of our products.
About the Role:
We're seeking a Frontend Engineer who is a self-starter and quick learner with a keen interest in Ethereum and blockchain technologies. Our ideal candidate is one who communicates effectively and consistently ships high quality, well-tested code.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- At least three years of front-end engineering experience, a large portion of which was in a team environment
- Experience working with React/Redux or similar front-end frameworks
- Strong design focus with commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Ability to use design patterns to create simple and reusable components for complex UIs
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment
- Basic knowledge of relational and non-relational data stores like MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.