Dev Ops Engineer Security Expert / IT Administrator
Polymath is an interface between financial securities and the blockchain, helping issuers to overcome the complex technical and legal challenges related to issuing regulated securities on the blockchain. We are a team of start-up veterans, legal experts, finance professionals, and all-star developers looking to hire an IT Administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for analysis, implementation, troubleshooting, and operations administration of all things AWS, Digital Ocean, and G Suite, Travis-CI in support of Polymath developers & executives.
- Experience in scripting (Bash, Ruby, Python) and building required automation Travis-CI and other tools. Ensuring data recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Ensuring system data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Conducting hardware and software audits of workstations and remote servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. This is a broad-discipline system administration role with requirements to manage significant technical diversity.
- Subscription management, onboarding, coordination, billing management and education of fellow team members will be necessary. Work directly with architects and developers to debug problems and solutions. Enforcing best practices with external Vendors - relationship and negotiating skills will be used, often.
- Developing, implementing, enforcing standard operating procedures and schedules will help scale the entire engineering team.
- Provide technical support to team members. Setting up accounts using onboarding automation for new team members.
- We are moving to new offices and in this role you'll ensure the infrastructure security of our local network, wifi, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related IT (or an additional 3 years of experience).
- 3+ years of Systems Administration experience
- Strong background in deployment automation/configuration management
- Significant Linux experience
- G Suite Administrator Certification & extensive experience as a G suite admin.
- Professional certification in a mainstream cloud service provider area AWS
- Professional certification in a mainstream operating system area (Linux, Microsoft, etc)
- Previous experience (can be personal) working on Ethereum or other blockchain technologies.
- Knowledgeable regarding security best practices, embraces 2FA.
- Currently manages at a personal level cryptocurrencies and private keys.
- Competitive base salary.
- Bonus options available in crypto assets.
- Travel to events and conferences (if desired).
- An opportunity to be part of the financial revolution.