SALT Lending is looking for an experienced Controller. The successful candidate will assist in all areas such as accounting/audit, international tax, policy development, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, FP&A, budget management and financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place, is looking to help build out a team and wants to take ownership of their role. The ideal person can both quote FASB regulations and international best practices for licensing agreements.
SALT Lending operates a blockchain-based platform built on the Ethereum network that facilitates the issuance of multi-signature smart contract loans by connecting borrowers to lenders. The company encompasses several business divisions, that includes an innovative loan servicing platform, online marketplace, and asset management unit. In addition, SALT Lending will engage with the underbanked community worldwide by funding a financial inclusion initiative.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will play an important role in supporting corporate strategic projects, international oversight and accounting functions.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- Support international expansion, tax and planning initiatives
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Manage the preparation of payroll for personnel
Candidates for the position should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Accounting designation, minimum 10 years accounting experience, with experience at a major accounting firm and/or within financial technology licensing and lending
- Experience in settings that require critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work well in a team and with people in other functions, to multi-task and to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Strong project management skills including ability to drive multiple end-to-end projects simultaneously
- Interest in cryptocurrencies and financial technology
- Fun, outgoing, and easy to work with
Full-time. Must be from the Great Denver Area or willing to relocate.