Internal Compliance Counsel
- Shift Markets
- New York, New York
- Company Type
- Trading & Tools, Financial Services & Products, Professional Services
- Job Type
- Full time
- $50,000 - $74,999
- Job Function
Shift Markets provides enterprise-level technology to clients launching global Crypto Exchanges. The firm’s turnkey package includes a front-end trading platform, back office, order management system and liquidity. Shift’s team serves a global clientele from its New York City headquarters with locations in EU and Asia as well. We are currently seeking an Internal Compliance Counsel. This Counsel would be reviewing and negotiating contracts and overseeing compliance with standard procedures required in the financial services industry. If you are interested in the crypto space and want to gain experience in the field, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
To apply, please fill out this application: https://form315.typeform.com/to/LSdylh
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts with vendors, partners and customers
- Coordinating any work with outside counsel
- Overseeing and ensuring company compliance with standard KYC and AML procedures
- Keep up-to-date on possible pending regulations of cryptocurrencies
- Lead company and client filings for cryptocurrency licenses and regulation domestically and abroad
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local New York and Delaware corporate law
- Understanding of standard Know-Your-Customer (KYC) procedures and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies
- Familiarity with the SEC, the CFTC and/or international regulatory bodies such as the United Kingdom’s FCA, ASIC in Australia, Japan’s FSA and/or offshore jurisdictions
- Up-to-date knowledge of crypto regulation like the BitLicense in New York and/or Swiss FINMA licensing and/or the MFSA's PIF licensing in Malta
- Success filing applications and obtaining licensing in the United States and/or internationally for broker dealers, brokerages, exchanges and/or other financial institutions
- 0-2+ years of experience working on matters of corporate regulations and compliance; background in finance preferred.
- The ideal candidate has a Juris Doctor degree and is licensed to practice law in the State of New York and/or Delaware (or another US state). An equivalent law degree from an accredited institute and equivalent experience are both acceptable. Passing the bar exam is not required.