About the Role:
As the Head of Public Sector Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing and leading Hedera Hashgraph's strategic initiatives and partnerships with organizations or individuals that work directly or indirectly with the public sector on a federal level. You will work closely with Hedera’s executive team and team leaders across the company to identify and develop strong, high-value relationships with key people in Public Agencies that strengthen Hedera's brand and allow enterprises to harness and build upon the groundbreaking technology infrastructure that Hedera offers.
• Identify critical organizations or agencies in the public sector or associated with the public sector that are strategically positioned to accelerate the growth of Hedera's brand and business.
• Plan, execute, and maintain a variety of large-scale business development initiatives at the intersection of the private and public sectors.
• Take primary responsibility for the execution and integration of new government agency partnerships.
• Collaborate with the executive team to build and maintain a pipeline of relationships with potential partners, taking responsibility for all stages of the relationship.
• Organize, attend, and represent Hedera at events providing value to top officials and organizations at the federal level (e.g. Central Banks, Government Technology Agencies, Intellectual Property offices, etc.)
• Pitch and close partnership agreements while properly balancing company goals and the pace of growth into particular regions and markets.
• Track, report on, and optimize the performance of partnerships and individual relationships, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solutions.
• A strong history of building partnerships with agencies or organizations that are associated with the governments.
• Ability to identify and form relationships with relevant decision makers in the government community.
• A deep understanding of organizational structures, priorities, and areas of expertise at government agencies.
• A tremendous talent for evaluating the impact of prospective partnerships and relationships from multiple perspectives and the ability to prioritize initiatives appropriately according to company goals.
• An exceptional network of contacts within the government community and the ability to leverage that network to facilitate new opportunities.
• 7+ years work experience with federal government affairs, lobbying, political or public policy experience.
• Technology and software background highly preferred.