Decentral is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Jaxx Dev Team. You’ll be the 12th Dev on our tight knit technical team.
You will create applications that index blockchain data as part of our 60+ server backend infrastructure on AWS. You will create new strategies and write robust code for indexing cryptocurrencies. You will be responsible for testing strategies to ensure accuracy, in partnership with our QA lead.
What We Offer:
- An amazing startup culture and supportive learning experience
- Opportunity to impact millions of users around the world (current user base is 700k+ monthly active users)
- Work with a team of incredible colleagues
- Have your voice heard and be encouraged to share your ideas
- Competitive salary, cryptocurrency trading incentive bonus, company paid benefits, free company lunches, and more
To be successful you must have:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in software engineering, working on server side applications/databases in an environment where quick access times is important
- Expert knowledge and experience designing persistent applications
- Familiarity with common software design patterns & algorithms
- Knowledge of NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB), SQL (e.g. MySQL), and in-memory data stores (e.g. Redis), along with the experience to know when to use the right kind of tool
- Experience working on large databases (100+ gigabytes)
- Java, Node, Python, or C++/C#
- API design experience
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and cryptocurrencies (although actual programming experience with blockchains isn't required)
- The ability to communicate effectively with the team on ongoing challenges, solutions, approaches, etc.
Decentral is leading the blockchain movement in Canada and around the world. We create the Jaxx Blockchain Interface, a cryptocurrency wallet used today by more than 700,000 users.
We engage in inclusive hiring. We encourage people from all backgrounds, cultures, life experiences, etc., to apply. Decentral serves vegan food at company lunches and our development team has diverse cultural backgrounds. Our dress code is that there is no dress code. We embrace diversity, in all its forms, as a strength. Decentral hires based on technical talent and will happily accommodate (on request) candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
Our company makes software that millions of people depend on. At time of offer, all applicants are asked to undergo a criminal background check.
Decentral's working language is English but fluency is not required.