Product Manager - Crypto
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The crypto team helps Coinbase securely store, trade and interact with billion dollars of assets. We are at the forefront of crypto, operating blockchains at scale, designing new products and solving hard engineering problems to make the latest crypto technologies accessible to people around the world. We take on challenging problems in user experience, cryptography, security and blockchain technology.
On the Crypto Team, you’ll be tasked with learning about new blockchains and technologies, and figuring out ways to turn them into products for our users. You’ll work with leadership to turn ideas into reliable products and infrastructure for Coinbase, Pro, Custody and the Wallet. You’ll work closely with engineers solving novel, never-seen-before problems in crypto.
A little about our team: we take continuous learning to heart. We often dive into computational, financial and economic theory to better understand the engineering problems we face. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
- Work closely with engineers, designers and leadership to design & deliver crypto products that advance the Coinbase mission.
- Research and stay ahead of new and upcoming technology in the crypto space, and build relationships with key community members.
- Drive adoption of crypto-first product features, working closely with partners on product teams.
- Work with engineers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a strategy and roadmap every quarter.
- Hiring, developing and mentoring junior product managers on your team.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in product management, working with engineering teams.
- You’re familiar with the crypto ecosystem and popular currencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- You have a background in engineering or research or know how to code.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You’re an excellent communicator, comfortable talking to individual contributors and executive leadership.
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience working at a crypto company
- Experience with designing API’s or working with infrastructure teams.
- Experience managing other product managers
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.