Journalist Intern (Summer 2019)
CoinDesk is seeking full-time time interns to support our growing Editorial team. This position is based in New York City and is available for six months starting in summer 2019.
The world of finance and banking is being reimagined. Armed with new technologies, a wave of innovators is seeking to reshape how the world manages its money.
At CoinDesk, it’s our job to cover the story.
The content and events leader for all things ‘bitcoin,’ ‘crypto’ and ‘blockchain,’ our work has been cited in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune and more.
More broadly, however, CoinDesk is an active, fast-growing environment perfect for anyone who wants to play a leading role in building a vital brand for an emerging audience. Quite simply, the experience we offer will find you working on journalistic challenges that have never before been explored in business and financial reporting.
- Communications: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Journalistic acumen: You hold a journalism degree, are currently studying journalism or have worked previously as a professional reporter.
- Tech savvy: You understand digital reporting and are able to navigate Google news, social media and internet-based news acquisition.
- Work independently: You are able to prioritize, organize and manage deliverables but work in a supportive environment.
- Ability to write copy quickly and able to take constructive criticism
- Familiarity with cryptography, blockchain (using block explorers or conducting blockchain analytics) and understanding of fintech-related material and terminology.
- Prior experience reporting on financial or technology industry topics.
Should I Apply?
The position is ideal for recent college graduates, current graduate students or enrolled undergraduates who want a hands-on, real-world writing experience for an engaged audience.