- Completing a broad variety of administrative tasks, including: managing extremely active calendars; preparing expense reports; composing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Keeping the executives well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and following up to ensure timely responses to these commitments and responsibilities.
- Researching, prioritizing, and following up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the executives, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determining appropriate courses of action, referral, or response.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, senior management, and external partners and customers
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Must be a self-learner and quick study
Education and Experience Requirements
- Five to ten years supporting C-Level Executives
- BA/BS degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs, Google Web Mail and various social media web platforms