Title: Director of Investments
Location: NY, NY
Reports to: President
About The Role:
The Director of Investments will report to the President and support him in building and managing relationship with the investment community.
Hedera currently has almost 200 investors and will add more over the coming year. When we have a token trading our investor base will increase substantially and we will need to have close, active relationships with all of the top crypto funds and investors worldwide. The Director of Investments will be responsible for maintaining relationships with many of these investors on a day to day basis.
Investors will have a wide range of sophistication and differing knowledge of our firm and its technology. Education will be a key part of the role and cover both technical details as well as governance. The Director of Investments must have technological knowledge of our protocol, be an excellent communicator, and be personable enough to work well with global investors.
This job is right for you if you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial and fast-moving environment, and exercise good judgment consistently. You are creative, a strong written and verbal communicator, with outstanding administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities. You are capable of working independently on projects, from conception to completion, as well as working under pressure. You can be counted on to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Research, target and build relationships with the global investor community
- Understand the concerns, priorities, nuances and biases of the community
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the market sentiment
- Educate investors about the space and about Hedera Hashgraph
- Host and run learning events for our investors
- Communicate company updates and help drive initiatives
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns relating to investors
- Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Keep the President informed and help him prioritize his time with investors
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, senior management, and external partners and customers
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Must be a self-learner and a quick study
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs, Google WebMail and various Social Media web platforms